Monday, September 9, 2013

Shun Your Ego


‘Shun Your Ego’

Lavish dreams with boots king size
dancing all ‘round sharing high fives
Soaring hopes beat mountain peaks
It’s what still keeps me alive

But nothing could beat me, nothing can harm
I am the one and you are none
Can’t go wrong, is all I think
I shall win, it’s all said and done


 photo ego.jpg


Construed mind thinks only one way
Just win it, come whichever way
Forgot the ethics, lost the way
Hurdles and bigger hurdles, now on my way

Had the talent, spirits were high; 
one thing still wasn’t yet right
My soul lost the battle, 
as my Ego slapped me tight

The battle maybe lost, the war is not
Resurrected conscience helps even the lost
Threw the ego out of my soul
For all the talent possessed, I shall never again boast

Renounced my ego, dumped six feet under
A Reincarnation it is, better late than never
Feeling free as a bird, have no inhibitions
I have got more wings, Can now fly higher

But burst again the darkness clouds
and began the sky to cry
Rekindled hopes slumped south
whispered in my ears, come’ on give it one more try

This ruthless world still vies
to grab your piece of humble pie
Let just your ego die, 
But you never never never say die 


Do Drop in a line if you like the poem
My favourite stanza - 

"Construed mind thinks only one way
Just win it, come whichever way
Forgot the ethics, lost the way
Hurdles and bigger hurdles, now on my way"

No comments:

Post a Comment