Monday, September 9, 2013

The Second Chance


THE SECOND CHANCE


Looking towards heaven I whine,
‘YOU’ have just not been kind
That lump in my throat as I dine,
Resentful thoughts choke my mind;

Scintillating stars shine teeth white,
Yet they fail to ignite any spark
Emptiness lay in this endless night,
Is there a ray beyond this dark?


 photo secondchance1.jpg


“Maybe I didn’t need it at all”
“Maybe the dream was just whimsical”
I thought it could be real,
Turned out to be rather mystical
 
Don’t want to fight for it
Don’t want to be just another rebel,
Want to be back in my closed shell,
Cozy little place where ‘The Gods' dwell


‘Life’s just perfect’ inside this cocoon,
as I wait for the Breaking dawn
Time is ticking, well past noon,
as I slumber on a lush green lawn

Get me out of this wrap
 I’ve missed the beat,  I’ve ruined the dance,
“Time has passed, go have your nap,
You’ll have to wait, for maybe a second chance”

I want to Yell, I want to Scream; 
But all I can is hope, akin a game of dice;
Might be better to let go the dream; 
Opportunity seldom comes twice.

But won’t Give Up is what I Swore; 
Be it an arduous circumstance,
‘Knock ! Knock !’ then bangs on the door
Damn! I Hope it’s ‘The Second Chance’


Do Drop a line if you like the poem
My favourite stanza:-

"Don’t want to fight for it
Don’t want to be just another rebel,
Want to be back in my closed shell,
Cozy little place where ‘The Gods' dwell"



No comments:

Post a Comment